Job DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY
Our Research Associates work under the direct guidance of the Manager and are proficient in animal procedures/animal husbandry and contract research studies according to the study protocols and to the company guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).OPPORTUNITES TO SPECIALIZE IN:
Small Animal, Large AnimalMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient as a primary technician and in all aspects of a study cycle including, but not limited to:
- Primary Technician role and responsibility on multiple basic studies;
- receipt, distribution and husbandry of animals;
- orders and setups materials and supplies as required for projects;
- forms and study books preparation;
- dose calculation/verification;
- proficient technical skills (e.g. administration, blood collection, necropsy, etc.) ranging from basic to intermediate;
- anesthesia monitoring and use of anesthetics;
- observes, records and reports atypical findings to veterinary staff or senior personnel;
- performs data quality control review according to SOPs or study protocols;
- may function as a designated trainer.
- May work directly with Study Coordinators and/or Scientists on assigned projects.
- Comprehends procedures and performs tasks according to company policies and SOPs.
- Complies with all regulatory guidelines, occupational health as well as health and safety programs, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Perform duties according to written protocols and company established SOPs.
- Exercise independent judgment to solve problems, edit and create documents, involved in establishing new processes.
- Obtain assistance or report problems to manager or senior personnel.
- Provide information to improve current procedures or methods.
- Medical, Dental, Vision with generous portion paid by employer!
- Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement
- 401k matching with matching
- Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Holidays, Sick/Personal Days
Powered by JazzHR