Medical Analytics holds a key role in providing actionable insights and findings that will shape strategy across Business Units and guide data-driven decision-making to improve patient outcomes and experience. The foundation of all of that is data.
In this role, you will work across the Medical Analytics & Advanced Analytics teams to ensure data quality, availability, and accuracy, as well as to work with partners in Tech, Legal and Compliance, and Data Privacy to ensure that we are following best practices and are keeping responsibility, privacy, and security on top of mind. In this role you will build partnerships with colleagues from across all therapeutic areas, R&D , US Commercial Tech, and Global Medical organizations.
As our Data Strategy & Engineering Manager, you will own our data pipelines, architecture, and processes. You will serve as the primary point of contact for our partnerships with our Technology and Data Compliance groups. You will have support from your peers within Medical Analytics, as well as from the Director of NLP/Voice of Customer Data Analytics & Reporting, who you will report to. This role is primarily that of an individual contributor, but you will be responsible for managing off-shore /contract team members as needed to support this area.
Success in this role will be measured by:
Why You? Required qualifications:
- Quality and Availability of data through established ETL Pipelines
- Timely support and ingestion of new data sources through partnerships with colleagues in Tech, vendors, analytics team members, and stakeholders across Business Units
- Proactive identification of opportunities for improvement and innovation in
- Tools & Frameworks
- Data Architecture
- Cost Optimization
- New Data Sources
- 3+ years of professional experience working in data management, data engineering, data architecture, or other similar field
- 2+ years of experience using SQL for creating, transforming, and managing production-quality datasets
- 1+ year of experience e working with stakeholders across diverse business areas, particularly those both within and outside of technical teams.
- 5-10 years of professional experience working in data management, data engineering, data architecture, or other similar field
- Advanced degrees in quantitative sciences , data engineering, or CS
- Experience creating datasets for analytics, data science, and machine learning teams.
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals, or other health care field
- Experience with data privacy and compliance including CCPA & GDPR
- 2+ years of professional experience working within Databricks & Azure Cloud
- Experience leading successful projects for breaking down data silos in data across highly regulated matrix organizations
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.