More than 750 million people globally are reached with Novartis products each year. Join our Global Drug Development (GDD) team as Associate Director Safety Systems Operations at Novartis in East Hanover to ensure each of them is kept safe with the implementation and configuration of best in class Pharmacovigilance Systems.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead implementation of sustainable process and technology change in the area of Pharmacovigilance Systems
• Understand complex Pharmacovigilance business requirements and act as Business Project Lead for implementation of new software tools, including internal resource management and interfacing with other line functions
• Deputize for the Head Systems Operations Management and coach team members with complex requests and new working procedures
• Oversee and coach Managers and Experts System Operations on a project basis
• Manage and oversee tasks outsourced to vendors and interface with IT teams providing application management services
• Serve as primary contact for US and Canada Patient Safety teams for strategic and operational alignment
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelors Degree in life science or technology
• At least 10 years’ experience in drug development in the area of safety systems management, configuration and support
• Broad and in-depth knowledge of drug safety business processes
• Demonstrated ability to form, lead, and deliver change initiatives and technology implementations
• Thorough understanding of the challenges when aligning IT solutions with business needs
• Experience with safety systems, preferably with Argus Safety and ORACLE databases
• Excellent mentoring and coaching skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset and established network with industry peers
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the
Novartis Network here:
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.