We are looking for someone to join the University of Southampton's flagship Service Desk Team. Are you passionate about providing excellent customer experience?Do you get a buzz from helping others?Do you enjoy working in a dynamic fast paced (sometimes high pressure) environment?Do you enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting IT related issues?Are you a good communicator, empathetic, and patient?Then we want to hear from you!About the Role
You will be part of a successful, supportive, and dynamic team providing first line support within an ITIL based environment to the university community working as a Service Desk Analyst.
This role is crucial in helping support the University's ever growing and developing ICT infrastructure. iSolutions is one of the largest departments within the University's Professional Services group, providing computing facilities, data communications and telephone services in support of all University activities, including learning and teaching, research, and University administration.
You will enjoy operating as a successful and contributing member of a busy, dynamic and exciting department, working to extremely high standards and committed to achieving tight deadlines with high levels of customer satisfaction.
The Service Desk delivers a highly professional cutting-edge IT support service to a diverse user community of over 25,000 University staff and students, providing technical frontline support and advice to our customers.What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Log all incidents, requests and responses into the University's IT Service Management Tool, providing first line solutions where appropriate and escalating to second and third line support as necessary following the incident management process
- Assist users and customers, (staff, students and visitors), in the use of iSolutions products and services as well as the resolution of reported incidents and service requests.
- To be proactive in identifying trends and advising the Team Leader of possible service implications and solutions. To schedule additional work and ticket management around daily tasks ensuring smooth operations of the desk
- Document and utilise responses to problems and resolution information to incidents to help develop an effective knowledge base for use within the Service Desk and by our users
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and experience along with strong technical troubleshooting support skills in a multi-platform desktop environment, over a networked infrastructure across multiple locations. You will have a proactive approach to problem management, excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) with the ability to communicate using technical and non-technical language.
You will also be able to demonstrate experience/knowledge using and supporting in some or all of the areas below:
- MS Windows environments including the registry and management console
- MS Office 365 products
- Active Directory
- Remote software deployment
- Remote support tools
- Logging enquires using an ITSM tool or comparable database
- Managing customer enquires within set time scales and SLA's
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.