This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Southampton and its Logistics and Distribution team within the University's IT department, iSolutions. The Logistics and Distribution team are working on an array of University wide projects whilst also delivering front line customer IT support.
About the Role
This is a key role within the Logistics and Distribution team, ensuring the provision of comprehensive, effective and efficient Deployments services and support of IT hardware across the University.
What you'll do
- Build, configure and deploy new and refurbished IT hardware as required to customers, assisting with installation to desk and providing technical support.
- Provide appropriate, timely and quality advice in response to specialist enquiries from customers on equipment and hardware.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer requests and incidents, maintaining accurate documentation within ServiceNow for the benefit of all internal and external users.
- To provide additional support and coverage of IT WEEE disposals to maximise useful life of equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade common learning spaces throughout the estate.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in an IT related area.
- Experience in analysing and troubleshooting PC, MAC and Linux systems.
- Experience of operating and installing a variety of IT hardware.
- Flexible to service demands.
- Independent problem solver with good communication skills.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Intune.
The University of Southampton is a research-driven institution, home to some of the world's leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. iSolutions is the University's IT support service whose 230+ staff support the delivery of the University's research and education activities as well as the usual business operations. We would love you to join us and help change the world for the better.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance 20+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.