The Faculty of Social Sciences and Law is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the busy Faculty Education Team to support the educational activities of the Faculty by managing, on behalf of the Faculty Head of Student Administration, the delivery of administrative support for postgraduate research programmes across the student lifecycle, to include support for students and staff within the Faculty.
The Faculty Education team works closely with colleagues and students across the Faculty to provide high quality advice and guidance on matters relating to the student lifecycle from Registration to Graduation and beyond. The team is responsible for the student record and for maintaining the integrity of student data through the student journey. The team is also responsible for several faculty committees and the Faculty Board of Examiners.What will you be doing?
You will have responsibility for the management and delivery of all aspects of student administration relating to postgraduate research students. You will work closely with the Faculty PGR Director and line manage the Senior Education Administrator (PGR), in addition to supporting the work of the Faculty Head of Student Administration in this area.
You will manage faculty committees, assessment offences, student casework and deputise for the Faculty Head of Student Administration as required.As part of your work relating to the South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP), you will liaise with colleagues cross-institutionally to deliver student processes relating to the MRes Interdisciplinary pathways, including annual scholarship awards. You should apply if
- You are a proactive individual who is able to work independently to deliver improvements and contribute to an outstanding student experience.
- You will be able to work in a busy and demanding environment, under pressure at times; to produce accurate work to deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be able to manage your own workload, establish priorities and multi-task and use initiative to problem solve.
- You will have excellent organisational ability and time management skills.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You must enjoy working in a team, contributing to shared goals and working flexibly with a focus on customer service and delivery.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.