International Market Development Managers are regional specialists for international student recruitment, managing a network of recruitment agents, school counsellors and key influencers and working face to face with potential students to maximise the University's recruitment potential. They have an in-depth knowledge of the education systems in their regions which they use to develop and deliver segmented marketing strategies to meet the University's student recruitment targets. Additionally, Market Development Managers are assigned one or two Faculties and familiarise themselves with their key staff, teaching & research programmes, so that they act as a conduit between their Faculty(ies) and the rest of the International Recruitment team.What will you be doing?
International Market Development Managers are responsible for providing specific market plans as well as advice and support to academic Schools to inform their international student recruitment strategies. This is achieved using a combination of marketing theory, in-country knowledge and practical experience. These strategies focus on the geographical regions represented by each Market Development Manager and must work - both numerically and philosophically - with the Faculty and School-based strategies and the wider institutional strategy. Keeping these three in balance, ensuring all activity is well considered and regionally appropriate, forms a considerable element of the responsibility of the role.
There is therefore a strong liaison element to this role, which requires advanced negotiation skills to harness colleagues' enthusiasm and focus it on the institutional direction, while building and maintaining productive relationships with key influencers and support businesses overseas. At the same time, the Managers are required to be creative, innovative and competitive to secure the sought-after competitive applicants the University seeks.The anticipated market responsibility for this role will be for Central Asia, and the Middle East and North Africa and faculty responsibility for the Faculty of Life Sciences. You should apply if
- You are interested in how a University organises activity to support the internationalisation agenda, specifically relating to the recruitment of international students
- Are able to work independently overseas promoting the University in a variety of settings, giving positive advice and guidance to a wide range of enquirers
- You are experienced in data analysis and strategy development
- You are interested in working as part a large team with a diverse range of colleagues, liaising regularly and proactively building relationships with other University areas/functions
- You have experience in marketing and how this is adapted to engage stakeholders across a range of cultural contexts
- You are confident in delivering both standardised and free-form/unscripted presentations to differing groups of individuals
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where change can be frequent.
For informal enquiries please contact:
Brian Greenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.