Salary: Grade 7 (£35,333 - £42,155 p.a. with a discretionary range to £50,586 p.a.)
2 x roles available
interviews scheduled Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 December
This role will be based on the university campus with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Are you looking for a role which will contribute to global change?
Are you an enthusiastic and skilled project manager?
Do you have excellent communication and influencing skills?
Would you like to join IT during an exciting and challenging period of growth in project delivery?
The University of Leeds is one of the top 135 universities in the world. We have a truly global community, with more than 39,000 students from 170 different countries and over 9,000 staff of 100 different nationalities. Established in 1904, we have a strong tradition of academic excellence, reflected in first-class student education, along with world-leading research that has a real impact around the globe.
As we embark on an ambitious Digital Transformation, we are investing in our IT service which is key to developing our learning and research capability as we strive to collaborate across the globe, attacking global issues. We are looking for Project Managers to join the IT Programme Management Office, to enhance the capacity of the existing team to support an exciting portfolio of projects and major change programmes at the University.
You will be allocated a mixed caseload of IT projects across the entire lifecycle from initiation through to closure so you will need excellent organisational skills and be able to effectively manage your own work and drive the successful delivery of all your projects. You will also be skilled at working with a diverse range of stakeholders and be able to effectively listen to project stakeholders working with delivery managers and technical teams to ensure projects are delivered effectively and efficiently.
You will be able to effectively present information in a range of formats, including budgetary and financial information, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and be experienced in working with a structured or formalised project management methodology such as Agile or PMQ.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) - That's 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme plus life assurance- the University contributes 21.6% of salary
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
If you are looking for a role where you will support an exciting portfolio of projects and major change programmes, apply today.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Pamela Scott, Senior IT Programme Manager