Job DescriptionCovenant College
Founded in 1955, Covenant College offers residential, liberal arts education from a Reformed Christian perspective. The focus of the college is found in its motto, "In All Things Christ Preeminent." The purpose of this focus is to ground excellence in academic inquiry in a biblically grounded and Reformed theology frame of reference. The College's current students come from 43 states and 18 countries. The faculty are recognized authorities in their academic disciplines, with 90% holding doctoral/terminal degrees. Covenant is one of only 5 CCCU-affiliated Christian institutions ranked by US News and World Report as a top tier (top 150) National Liberal Arts College. Washington Monthly ranks Covenant as the #113 Liberal Arts College in the nation. The influx into the endowment of the College over the last 2 years is the largest at any point in the College's history.
The mission of Covenant College is to explore and express Christ's preeminence in all things.
Business Department and Finance Faculty Position
- Confession: We are committed to the Reformed theological tradition.
- Calling: We value our specific calling for teaching, mentoring, and learning, and for joyfully celebrating and stewarding the gifts and callings of our students.
- Creation and Culture: We affirm the value of God's creation and its development in and through human cultural forms.
- Church: We embrace the communities of faith in which we do our work and will serve the church through our academic mission.
- Community: We value God's covenant faithfulness to us, and the calling on us to be faithful to God and to one another in a residential community.
The Business Department at Covenant College, a residential institution emphasizing the liberal arts, in the Reformed Christian tradition, and an agency of the Presbyterian Church of America, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Finance, with a secondary focus in Accounting, beginning July 1, 2023. The Department's graduates have scored above the 95th percentile on the Major Field Test (MFT) in Business in 15 of the last 17 years, and over 95% have been successfully placed in business employment or graduate school within 6 months of graduation each of the last 10 years.
The candidate who fills this position will be an excellent teacher, and will be an active participant in the academy. Competitive candidates will hold a PhD in Business/Finance from a regionally accredited institution and current CPA certification, or a DBA and current CPA certification.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following application components:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A testimony of Christian faith and experience
- Philosophy of Christian Higher Education
- A Response to the Westminster Confession of Faith
Review of applications begins December 1, 2022.
Please direct all materials to:
Dr. Collin Messer, Vice-President for Academic Affairs
14049 Scenic Highway
Lookout Mt., GA 30750