GENERAL NEUROLOGY/ALL SUBSPECIALTIES Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM),
located in Atlanta, Georgia, was founded in 1975, and recently was recognized as the top institution among U.S. medical schools for achieving a social mission. MSM faculty and alumni are noted in their fields for excellence in teaching, research and public policy.
The vision of MSM is to lead the creation and advancement of health equity.
The division of Neurology under the department of Medicine is growing!
· Opportunities for General Neurology as well as Subspecialty areas o Candidates on visa are welcome · Niche opportunities for fellowship trained neurologists · Best mix of clinical, teaching and research opportunities o Diverse patient population
Grady Health System is one of the largest safety net health systems in the United States and consists of the 953-bed Grady Memorial Hospital that provides comprehensive healthcare
Outpatient clinics at multiple locations tailored to your practice o Train future neurologists by participating in the Neurology residency training program
Newly approved program to start in 7/2023 o Opportunities to collaborate with basic science researchers
the department of Neurobiology offers opportunities for research in genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, single cell patch clamp neurophysiology, epilepsy neurophysiology etc.
· Be part of a great team that delivers health equity through culturally competent care
· Extensive referral networks
· Excellent practice and administrative support Requirements:
· Board certified/eligible in Neurology at time of employment
· Fellowship training for subspecialties
· Licensed in the state of GA by the time of employment
· DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority Reports to: Division Chief About Atlanta: Listed by Lonely Planet as Best in Travel 2022 Atlanta airport was listed as the world's busiest airport until 2019 (pre-pandemic) and connects you to the world.
The city is the heart of civil rights movement and has several commemorative historic sites, landmarks and museums. Atlanta is known as the "City in the Forest" with several parks, creeks and trails within the city.
The city offers year-around outdoor activities, has great food and dining for all palates, and has a thriving music scene. In a mere two hours drive are the north Georgia mountains, and a four-hour drive
will take you to the Georgia coast, with cities like Savannah, filled with Southern charm. Please send a letter of interest and current CV