Clinical faculty opportunity
in nationally-ranked academic orthopedic practice Washington University School of Medicine's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery - Foot and Ankle Division - seeks a full-time clinical faculty member (rank commesurate with experience)
, to join our high-volume practice.Responsibilities:
Clinical: Clinical responsibilities of this position include developing a full-time foot and ankle academic clinical practice.
- Washington University School of Medicine enjoys strong brand awareness and has a reputation for providing premier clinical care regionally and nationally.
- The foot and ankle division at Washington University Orthopedics has a regional and national reputation for excellence in care, from sports-related foot and ankle injuries to deformity correction.
- Our specialists work as a multidisciplinary team to evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide array of foot and ankle conditions - from everyday sprains to the most complex non-healing fractures and arthritis.
Academic Instruction: Academic responsibilities include active participation in, and commitment to, orthopedic fellow and resident education, including:
- Clinical training and teaching.
- Participating in conferences, journal clubs and related activities.
The faculty member will conduct research (clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics), working with researchers within the department and across Washington University School of Medicine. Our research coordinators have a long history of research contribution.Education, Experience and Skills:
All applicants must have completed, or be in the process of completing, a foot and ankle fellowship training program. All applicants must be MD/DO candidate who is board certified or board eligible, and must be eligible to obtain a permanent Missouri medical license.
Additional Qualifications: A dedication to excellence in patient care and teaching, and an interest in clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics research.About Washington University Orthopedics OUR MISSION AND VISION
Our mission is to have a national and international impact on orthopedics through excellence in clinical care, education, research and leadership. Our vision is to grow our impact on patients and our community by improving access and outcomes, to train the next generation of orthopedic surgical leaders, and to transform the future of orthopedic care through discovery and innovation.EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
For a summary of benefits, visit www.hr.wustl.edu
- Washington University provides comprehensive and competitive benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation plus productivity earning potential
- Year-end bonus based on division profitability
- Retirement savings plan
- Work-life balance resources, including family-care solutions for children and dependent adults
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Discretionary allowance for approved professional and education expenses
- Free MetroLink/bus pass
- Free life insurance
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health savings (HSA) and flex savings (FSA) accounts
- Long-term disability insurance
- Flex spending plan
For a full job description, visit www.hr.wustl.edu