Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as the program director for Paralegal Studies. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction; evaluate students' progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes; academically advise students; attend faculty development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed. Further requirements include assisting with recruitment, retention, job placement efforts, and sustaining a credible advisory board for the program. This position requires day, evening, and/or on line instruction. This position is full-time/exempt.Please note the following information regarding this position:
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Delivers effective individualized program and instruction to class members
- Ensures adherence to technical college and safety requirements in classrooms and labs by following established procedures
- Selects and obtains appropriate educational materials for courses
- Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, test, and other appropriate course work
- Monitors use of and maintains supplies, equipment and/or facilities for assigned program.
- Assists with recruiting and marketing activities
- Assists with registration and orientation functions
- Participates in standing or ad hoc committee meetings relating to curriculum development, extra curricula activities, and other technical college sponsored activities or programs as required
- Assists with the design and execution of special events, projects and activities as requested
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Achieve ABA approval for the program
- A Master's Degree from an accredited institution in the teaching discipline (i.e. Political Science, Public Administration (or a related field) with 3-5 years' experience working as a Paralegal
- A Master's Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum 18 graduate semester hours or 27 graduate quarter hours required in teaching discipline) and 3-5 years' experience working as a Paralegal
In addition to the minimum qualifications, one or more years of experience with instruction in a postsecondary setting, experience with learning management systems.Salary/Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include state holidays, annual leave, and sick leave, State of Georgia Retirement, Health and Flexible Benefits Program.Application Deadline:
Position open until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **Employment Policy:
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Powered by JazzHR