Under the general direction of the Program Director, this role will have the opportunity to influence and shape the future of learning. The Teaching Faculty will support learner success by ensuring the quality of NXU's undergraduate and graduate curriculum and delivery. The Teaching Faculty will support the overall mission of Nexford to bring high-quality, affordable, dynamic education that prepares learners for the global workplace.
The Teaching Faculty will motivate learners to actively engage in all aspects of their educational journey and focus on the commitment to learner success. The Teaching Faculty leads teaching and learning aspects including:
· Teaches courses in the area of business, leadership, organization strategy, global business, and other business-related courses
· Manages online courses through the Learning Management System (LMS) and other innovative technology tools
· Interacts with learners online via discussion, chat, virtual office hours, live engagements, and emails
· Teaches and facilitates the course(s), as designed, in an efficient and engaging manner
· Provides personalized and substantive feedback on learner submissions and other assignments within five (5) days of submission date
· Actively responds to learner emails, MS Teams calls, and messages within 24 hours
· Mentors learners on course content and skill development that expands the learner experience with insights, unique personal experiences, professional applications and other practical/conceptual knowledge and expertise
· Posts updates and announcements to course(s) regularly to support learner learning
· Participates in NXU webinars, blogs, and marketing campaigns, as applicable
· Conducts curriculum reviews and updates content and/or assessments according to the course/program review schedule
· Collaborates with the learner Success Team to identify and connect with at-risk learners
· Serves on academic committees as assigned
· Participates in departmental and university affairs as requested
· Remains current in his/her academic program or discipline, attending conferences and maintaining any licensure or continuing education requirements
· Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualities
· Has a clear vision for education and commitment to excellence using an innovative practical approach
· Track record for making data-driven decisions that constantly improve instructional delivery
· An advocate for and promoter of quality curriculum utilizing high levels of engagement, and with a high commitment to learner success that is fully aligned with workplace requirements
· Flexible work style appropriate for remote and international team collaboration
· Sound judgment and decision-making skills appropriate for NXU's fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
· Technology savviness, fluent using social media channels, learning management systems, and other new and innovative technology systems that support an enriching learning experience
· Outstanding communication skills and polished presentation style
· Strong outcomes-based orientation and track record for achieving results
· Progressive mindset that promotes a next-generation experience serving the unique needs of the future of work.
· A minimum of an earned Master of Business Administration degree from an accredited educational institution or, preferably, an earned Doctorate of Business Administration degree; other graduate or terminal degrees in the area of global business, leadership, organizational strategy, finance, or marketing may be considered
· A minimum of 2 years teaching experience; preferably with prior online teaching experience
· A minimum of 4 years professional experience within the area of expertise
· Earned professional certifications (as applicable)
· Effective English communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to relate to and communicate well with individuals to support global learner population
About Nexford University
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford's mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors support learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.
We believe that a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution is a more innovative and successful one and, at Nexford University, we strive to build teams and foster a work environment that reflects our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of this commitment, we recognize that an individual's value and contributions extend beyond just technical skills. If your experience is close to what you see listed, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills-when coupled with passion, curiosity, and a can-do attitude-are keys to excellence; therefore, we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
For more information, visit www.nexford.org.