*MAJOR FUNCTION: *Adjunct faculty will provide instruction, service and support of college policies and procedures, along with opportunities for professional development.
*MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: *Minimum of a Master s degree in counseling, education, psychology, sociology, social work, or any other social science discipline, or a Master s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in one of the above fields.
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed for this position, all prospective adjunct faculty are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
* Commitment to student retention and success.
* Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
* Use of technology and innovative approaches to enhance teaching and learning, including distance learning and alternative delivery systems.
* Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom.
* Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
* *Ability to teach in-person, on-campus courses during week days.*
*PRIMARY TEACHING NEEDS:*
This position is primarily for in-person, on-campus courses taught a variation of days (Monday through Friday) on Main Campus in Tallahassee, Florida.
Courses needed are time blocks during the morning, mid-day, and afternoon. A small amount of evening options may also be available.
*Documents Required with Application*
* *Graduate Transcript (Unofficial Copy will suffice)*
Associated topics: anthropology, college of social sciences, gender studies, justice, population, psychology, relations, school of social sciences, sexuality, sociology