Division Department Poli.Sci.& Legal Studies
Location Erie, Pa
The functions below are detailed in the faculty handbook in Volume IV of the Institutional Policy Manual.
1. Teach 24 credit hours in the academic year or as otherwise specified by the faculty member's appointment notice; student course evaluations are to be completed in each course. Faculty are expected to employ sound pedagogical practices and to use technology as appropriate, including the University's learning management system. Faculty shall assist with course revisions and curriculum development as needed.
2. Achieve appropriate student-learning outcomes in all courses taught.
3. Engage in scholarly pursuits pertinent to their academic discipline. Scholarship, as defined by the Boyer model, includes: The Scholarship of Discovery; The Scholarship of Integration: The Scholarship of Application; and The Scholarship of Teaching.
4. Participate in service to the University, the community and to their profession. Attend convocations, commencement exercises, college meetings, and community meetings.
5. Participate in ongoing professional development.
6. Assist, advise, and mentor students enrolled in the University.
7. Fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities of a faculty member as described in Volume IV of the Gannon University Institutional Policy Manual which contains the approved policies and procedures of the University concerning the terms and conditions of faculty employment at the University.
Education: An earned doctorate in Law, Political Science, History, or a related field.
Rank: In accordance with the University's standards, the Provost awards initial rank at the time of employment.
Licenses and Certifications: As may be required for the discipline.
University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University's inclusive Mission, its Catholic identity, and its strong liberal arts foundation that supports exemplary professional education programs
Must be able to meet the physical demands associated with a busy academic environment and necessary travel.
Work is performed in a busy classroom and office setting.
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Position Type Regular Faculty
Employment Status Full-Time
Position Length 9M
Credits Per Year 24 credits%25924980%