Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Dept/Division: Academic Affairs/Health
Position: Adjunct Instructor-Nursing Programs
Status: Part-Time. EOE.
- Lump Sum Salary course assignments are based on highest degree in field. Per credit hour calculation (PCH): Doctoral-$890, Masters-$840, Less than Masters-$775
- Hourly Rate assignment range for Clinical Sites and Lab Assisting: $24.00-$43.00 rate per hour
Job Status: The search for this position is ongoing for the Sioux Falls, South Dakota, campus location, and applicants for adjunct positions will be contacted as needed. EOE.Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
. For over 50 years, we have provided a cost-effective, career relevant education that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the area's best employers. We offer more than 70 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in today's most innovative fields. Our mission is to educate individuals for dynamic and rewarding careers that promote lifetime success and meet the workforce needs of our region.
Under the direction and supervision of the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction, the Adjunct Faculty member teaches a variety of classes for specific academic programs. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide curriculum and instruction for specific discipline applicable to Southeast Tech's courses and program curriculum.
- Develop and manage syllabus materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific discipline, and knowledge of instructional needs of technology college students.
- Coordinate course ware and curriculum with the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Facilitate class instruction.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Adhere to course protocol guidelines.
- Respond promptly to grade determination.
- Assess students and curriculum.
- Identify and utilize instructional technology needs for college students.
- Post-secondary teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Available for day and evening teaching schedules.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to respond to students and ability to teach several different courses at once.
- Participate in a series of training sessions delivered in person and online with dates to be determined before and during the semester.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing with a current, unencumbered South Dakota RN license required.
- Minimum of one year of occupational experience required.
- Availability to teach classroom courses and/or travel to area clinical sites to assess students in their course's learning requirements.
- Ability to attain technical education post-secondary teaching credential.
- Post-offer criminal background check required.
Southeast Tech is committed in preparing its students for workforce excellence and supporting the region that it serves. If you are interested in making a difference in our students' education, we want to hear from you through our application process.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Upload the Application Documents into the "Resume" box and authorize the online "Consent Form."
- Application Documents required for this position include your resume and/or curriculum vitae (CV) AND copies or your academic transcripts and applicable certifications.