Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as a part-time Biotechnology Adjunct Instructor in the Science Division. Under general supervision, the instructor will teach curriculum and evaluate student learning. Applicants must be able to teach a variety of methodologies including face-to-face, online, hybrid, and video conferencing. Additionally, this program requires day, afternoon, and evening scheduling. This position is part-time/exempt.Please note the following information regarding this position:
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Ensures adherence to technical college and safety requirements in classrooms and labs by following established procedures.
- Correctly assesses the educational needs and class progress of students.
- Selects and obtains appropriate educational materials for courses.
- Prepares reports on the current status of students in the program indicating whether performance is aligned with performance indicators, program goals and progress schedule.
- Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, tests, and other appropriate materials.
- Prepares appropriate curricula, including non-traditional content and methods to achieve objectives and goals of students.
- Proficient with current applications in computer technology; Word, Excel, etc.
- A Master's Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 18 graduate semester hours or 27 graduate quarter hours in Biology, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology
- A Master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in any combination of Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology (ideally with a biotechnology emphasis).
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. No benefitsApplication Deadline
This position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **Employment Policy
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Powered by JazzHR