Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career!
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Labcorp Drug Development as a Development Chemist, LC-MS Bioanalysis - Large Molecule
in our Bioanalytical
In this role, you will undertake original research which includes developing and confirming highly sensitive and reliable assay methodologies for the rapid and accurate analysis of pharmaceuticals in biological fluids and tissues as you:
- Performs complex analytical methods on biological matrices, often involving problem solving situations.
- Act as a technical resource for the group and assists in method troubleshooting and training of staff.
- Participates in the development of analytical methods for validation assays using a variety of analytical techniques for multidisciplined studies to generate results, solve problems, and interpret data of a scientific nature.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements in bioanalytical and mass spectrometry studies and helps to develop scientific approaches.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Participates in the evaluation of new equipment.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Participates in client visits and discussions as needed.*
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Why choose to work at Labcorp Drug Development?
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Access to a variety of studies and top notch laboratory instrumentation
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth related to scientific and regulatory leadership
What we're looking for?
This position is based in Madison, WI. Relocation assistance is available.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- A PhD in chemistry or a related field (experience may be substituted for education)
- Experience with bioanalysis of large molecules by LC-MS (oligonucleotides, proteins, peptides, immunoaffinity enrichment, LBA-LC-MS/MS, etc.)
- A proven track record of analytical method development
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications
- Highly effective skills in research conduct, data interpretation, and report writing
- Experience and proficiency with laboratory analytical instrumentation
- The ability to successfully perform scientific presentations and prepare scientific publications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.