Scientist I, In Vivo Services
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Are you looking for a dynamic team to join? Wanting to gain more experience in a variety of studies? Looking to develop into leadership and continuously grow? This is for you!
Some Things You Will Do Include
* Assume the role of Study Director (GLP) or Lead Analyst (GMP) for specific in vivo studies (as directed by In Vivo Department management). Duties may include ACUP (Animal Care and Use Protocol), SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) and Study Protocol review, and Study conduct (scheduling, securing test material and animal preparation, dose administration and clinical observation, data collection and review, and report of analysis, etc.).
* As Study Director (GLP) or Lead Analyst (GMP), ensure that all reasonable requests from In Vivo Department management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner. Provide appropriate staff with notification of any special requests regarding log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
* Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
* Ensure that testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, quality specifications, etc.
Some Things You Will Bring To The Role
* B.S. with significant experience or training (5+ years) associated with a variety of in vivo studies. Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent) in a science-related field may substitute for experience.
* Familiar with/willingness to be trained in laboratory animals and their behavior, e.g., mice, rats, guinea pigs and rabbits.
* Familiar with/willingness to be trained in general procedures pertaining to laboratory animal testing.
* Solid grasp of advanced scientific principles and language relevant to in vivo testing.
* Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends and holidays on occasion.
* Must be willing to work with radioactive isotopes (e.g., 3H and 14C).
For immediate consideration, email JS@scientificsearch.com and mention Job#17473
Also, check out www.scientificsearch.com/careers for all of our current openings.