Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an Adjunct Instructor in our Welding and Joining Department. This individual will be responsible for preparation of lesson plans for classroom and hands-on lab instruction. This position is part-time/exempt.Please note the following information regarding this position:
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Instruct students in welding and joining technology skill areas
- Follow state standards in developing program and course outlines, goals and objectives
- Evaluate students' progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Maintains program certification requirements, as appropriate;
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area;
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students' instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students;
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts.
- Diploma in Welding & Joining Technology from a regionally accredited public or private institution.
- 3-5 years of in the welding field
- Blueprint reading capabilities
- American Welding Society Certification
- Work experience in pipe welding
- Minimum 1-2 years' college-level teaching experience; including online, lecture, hybrid, and web-enhanced
- Ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities, maintain good working relationships with students and staff, strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and work ethic
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016 and Outlook 16
- Demonstrate and display strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.Application Deadline
Applications accepted until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online, upload a cover letter, resume, and an unofficial copy of transcript(s) for all degrees conferred. **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **Employment Policy
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Powered by JazzHR