Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation's capital, invites applications for Assistant Professor and Chair of Business Administration Programs in the School of Professional and Graduate Studies. Trinity seeks dynamic teaching professionals who will embrace our mission of inclusive excellence and continue to build strong and innovative curricula and high-impact learning experiences in the undergraduate and graduate Business and Management programs. These full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty positions include teaching, curricular development, internship supervision, and administrative responsibilities as required. Qualifications are a terminal degree in Business, Management, or a related discipline (PH.D., Doctor of Management, MBA, etc.), practical work experience in business-related areas, and a strong background in issues and opportunities in the local DMV business community. Trinity particularly seeks expertise in areas of marketing, finance, and/or of nonprofit management as well as experience developing and offering both online and in person courses; also, demonstrated ability to connect students with applied practica and internship experiences is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate excellence in teaching and potential for connecting students to portfolio-building opportunities.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Teach courses in Business, Management, Administration or related areas primarily in evening, weekend, and online formats;
- Work with Trinity's Center for Student Success and PGS advisors to support students in the business programs as they reach their full potential;
- Assist in creating, revising, and promoting Business and Management degree programs and in program recruitment efforts;
- Build relationships with businesses and organizations and create pipelines for practica, internships, and other extramural programs;
- Participate in scholarly activities appropriate for field of expertise;
- Provide service to the School and University through committee work and other service activities as determined by the Dean of the School of Professional and Graduate Studies.
Candidates invited for a campus interview will be asked to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned, sample course syllabi, course evaluations or other evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three professional references. The campus interview will include a teaching demonstration. Candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of and facility with collaborative and engaged pedagogies will be most competitive for this role.
Please submit letter of application and c.v. to the "Apply Here Now" link below.
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.