Job DescriptionLakeland University,
an independent liberal arts institution located in Wisconsin, wishes to hire and build a pool of adjunct instructors for open and future part-time teaching assignments and invites applicants from a diverse group for these positions. POSITION PURPOSE
Facilitate the teaching and learning of Data Science courses to adult students in the William R. Kellett School.
This posting is to fill potential class offerings in the Spring, 2023 term and beyond. Sample course titles are below:
- DAT 210 - Database Basics
- DAT 442 - Data Management & Warehousing
Instructional location options include Online as well as physical locations: Appleton, Sheboygan, Madison, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Rapids, Milwaukee, and Green Bay, WI. Classes are typically on weekday evenings from 6-9 pm.
Successful candidates must hold at least a master's degree
in data science or a relevant field OR
hold a master's degree in a non-relevant field and have completed at least 18 graduate credits in data science or a relevant field.
Minimum qualifications must be met for consideration.GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
All Lakeland staff members are expected to:
- Demonstrate in their words and actions an appreciation for the history of Lakeland University and a commitment to its stated mission.
- Represent unequivocally in their behavior the stated values of the University.
- Be good stewards of the University's resources, including its personnel and the goodwill of its friends, its alumni, and local community.
- Work collaboratively (as opposed to competitively) with their peers to meet objectives and achieve our goals.
- Keep their supervisor appropriately informed.
- Be forthright and honest in their communication with all members of the university community.
- Treat all members in a manner of teamwork and respect.
- Advise their supervisor with respect to all matters that require their attention, including their own performance.
PREFERRED KNOW-HOW & SKILLS
- Teach undergraduate courses in data science.
- Work with full-time faculty and deans to understand and employ activities that meet course learning objectives.
- Administer and/or develop coursework (assignments, projects, in-class learning activities, exams) that meets and assesses course learning objectives.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls or emails from students, colleagues, or supervisors.
- Use university technology as directed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- A master's degree in data science or a related field required for Higher Learning Commission qualification purposes.
- Relevant work experience in an industry related to the academic subject matter preferred.
- Some teaching experience preferred but not necessarily required for the right candidate.
- Comfortable teaching in face to face, online, and blended modes of instructional delivery.
- Familiarity with the Blackboard learning management system.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- No or very limited physical effort required
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lakeland University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Lakeland University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator. Job Posted by ApplicantPro