The Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible General Gastroenterologist interested in developing/advancing an academic career. Join us in transforming health care and connecting communities to the best of academic medicine as we provide exceptional care to diverse communities in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin region!Opportunity
Education, training, and experience required:
- Full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level
- Contribute to the clinical education of fellows, residents, medical students, and other trainees
- Focus on a patient-centered approach to delivery of care and engage in a climate of inquiry, quality, and safety
- Participate in the academic, research and educational missions of the institution
- Current areas of need include General Gastroenterology and/or Women's Health
- Strong inpatient and outpatient Advanced Practice Provider support
- Full advanced endoscopy support including ERCP and EUS services available
- Brand new state-of-the-art Digestive Disease Center opening in early 2023
- Fully accredited ACGME Fellowship program with 13 fellows. Large vibrant training program with call coverage provided by fellows under faculty supervision.
- Robust support for clinical research
- Olympus 190 endoscopes at Froedtert Hospital, ASC's, and VA Medical Center
Compensation & Benefits
- Completion of an Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship from an ACGME accredited program
- Skilled in all areas of general Gastroenterology; additional skills are a plus
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
- Eligible for full, unrestricted licensure in Wisconsin
the Medical college of Wisconsin
- Highly competitive compensation with a full benefits package, 2 weeks of CME and professional development allowance, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan, and generous relocation allowance.
- Physician engagement and wellness is a core focus area for Froedtert and MCW.
- Value highly placed on multiple avenues for academic pursuits including research, quality improvement, and education without a "publish-or-perish" culture.
MCW is a major academic medical center; the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. MCW is a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative, patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.MILWAUKEE
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America's great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW's functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. .
PandoLogic. Keywords: Gastroenterology - Faculty Position, Location: Milwaukee, WI - 53226 , PL: 511877718