We are looking for an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join our Early Research team. The successful candidate will support early R&D efforts in developing innovative nucleic acid-based applications and tools for synthetic biology and NGS products. This position will involve performing a range of experiments focused on determining feasibility and applicability of novel technologies. The ideal candidate will be very organized, have excellent molecular biology knowledge and laboratory skills, and communicate effectively with colleagues.
* Collaborate with Scientists to design and plan experiments for early research and development.
* Assist in coalescing abstract concepts into tangible goals and outcomes.
* Execute novel and routine experiments efficiently with high attention to detail.
* Express and purify enzymes from a variety of expression systems.
* Develop quantitative biochemical assays to characterize DNA modifying enzymes and enzyme systems
* Document experimental results, communicate data and conclusions to collaborators.
Qualifications And Required Skills
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry or closely-related field.
* Strong background in molecular biology techniques which may include DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR, Molecular cloning, Enzymatic assays and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
* 1-3 years experience in handling protein purification workflow and characterization which includes skills like NiNTA, Size-exclusion chromatography, FPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot
* High attention to detail around planning experiments, documentation and communicating scientific results.
* Dynamic interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others' views; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
* Self-motivated, willing to learn and keep abreast of new research developments
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to multitask well to handle multiple projects.
* Experience with multiple methods of DNA assembly and analysis (golden gate assembly, Gibson assembly and gel electrophoresis)
* Experience with one or more specialized molecular biology techniques (i.e. directed evolution, cell-free protein expression, emulsion PCR).
* Experience with various NGS library preparation techniques and hands-on experience using NGS sequencing platforms
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as "writing" DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of customers who are changing the world for the better . In fields such as medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, by using our synthetic DNA tools, our customers are developing ways to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.