Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an adjunct instructor in our Mathematics department. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction, and evaluate students' progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes. This position is part-time/exempt.Please note the following information regarding this position:
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for general core courses.
- Organize and conduct classes using a variety of learning experiences and activities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward students
- Demonstrate current and comprehensive knowledge of the subject areas to be taught.
- Accurately and timely submit required reports.
- Evaluates students' progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Communicates students' progress to student and appropriate personnel and according to established guidelines.
- Accurately records pertinent information in students' records as required.
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports.
- Complies and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Works within the system in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals; shows flexibility in response to process change and adapts to and accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately.
- Works when scheduled; begins and ends work as expected; calls in according to policy when arriving late for when or when absent; observes provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act; uses work time appropriately.
- Assists with recruitment retention and job placement efforts
- Actively participates in the retention efforts of the school.
- Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy, and purpose of Columbus Technical College.
- A Master's Degree in Mathematics from a regionally accredited college or educational institution.
- A Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or educational institution and a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours or 27 graduate quarter hours in Mathematics.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, one or more years' teaching experience.Salary/Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.Application Deadline:
Position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **Employment Policy:
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Powered by JazzHR