Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an adjunct instructor for the Funeral Services Education Program. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction; evaluate students' progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes. This position is part-time/exempt. This position will require daytime working hours throughout the week including Friday and Saturday courses. Please note the following information regarding this position:
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Assist funeral service faculty in conducting practicum visits at designated clinical sites
- Attend staff development training, workshops, or seminars;
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area;
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, test, and other appropriate course work
- Candidate must be a graduate of a Funeral Service program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE).
- Must have a current Georgia Funeral Director's license and a current Georgia Embalmer's license.
- Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in the funeral service industry in the last 3 years
Pay is commensurate with experienceApplication Deadline:
Position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **Employment Policy:
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Powered by JazzHR