Job DescriptionMad Science is NOW HIRING!Part Time Instructor- Flexible afternoon Schedule Pay: $40/class
You are:• Flexible, creative, engaging and have excellent verbal communication skills.
• You love children, science and teaching
• You own a car.
• You thrive in environments where you get a lot of support but function with a great deal of autonomy.
• You aren't afraid to try new things and you love variety.
• A team of STEM-loving folks who spend our days transforming laboratory science into fun, interactive learning experiences for youth from Pre-K to 6th grade.
• We believe in working smart and having a good time.
• We work collaboratively to get things done and ensure that our students and their families are thrilled by their learning experience.
The Job:Is different. We know it. We hope that's exciting to you! You need to get kids excited about science!
You can work anywhere from 1 day to 3 days a week teaching a science workshops during daytime afternoon hours, mainly 2:30-5:30pm.
What will you do?
• You will drive (in the car you own) to a school, daycare or park and rec
• You will lead a one hour exciting, immersive and interactive science lesson (after a lot of paid training so that you feel totally comfortable in all ways)
• You really do need to own a car. This position demands it. Please don't apply if you don't own a car. It's a deal breaker for now.
• You have to pass a background check