School Year position, August 1 thru end of May
Ward Parkway campus primarily serving middle and upper school (grades 6-12)
The School Nurse is responsible for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and referrals for illnesses and injuries of students, staff and other persons on campus. Provides relevant instruction and guidance to students, parents, staff and others concerning health-related issues; upholds professional standards according to the state Nurse Practice Act, applicable to school nursing practice.
Pembroke Hill seeks to fulfill our mission by recognizing that diversity, belonging, equity and inclusion are integral elements of school and community life. Our mission-inspired goal is together, cultivating each to be a global thinker and valuable member of the PHS community poised to acquire the academic and life skills that make a significant difference for all. Job Requirements:
- Valid RN license in the State of Missouri.
- Min 2 years experience in nursing. School or pediatric nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills, including defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience with eating disorders, anxiety, depression in teen is strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to stay up to date with new developments, best practices and standard of care and to interpret healthcare recommendations for the Pembroke Hill School environment.
- Ability to connect and bring joy to school aged children.
Associated topics: academic counselor, administrative, administrative assistant, advocate, guidance counselor, healthcare, office assistant, register, school nurse, student services