Join the GSK Future Leaders Graduate Program: Help us get ahead of disease together - Biostatistics Future Leaders Graduate Program, US, 2023 Education required:
MS or PhD degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Statistics/Biostatistics or closely related discipline with formal statistics training . Graduation by Spring/Summer 2023 Language requirement:
Written and spoken fluency in English Other requirements:
Strong communication and organizational skills Expected Start date:
September 2023 *You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S. Application deadline:
We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so please apply as soon as you can to be considered Assessment Cente r Date:
November 2022 Are you looking for a career where you can help positively impact the health of billions of people?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together . Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves - feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their well-being. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get ahead together.
Find out more:
Annual Report 2021 Inspired to help us get ahead together? Apply for the Biostatistics Future Leaders program at GSK today!
Statisticians are highly prized and urgently needed at GSK to grow an industry-leading team who put robustness and quantitative rocket boosters under every project we touch in business areas ranging from early drug discovery to late phase clinical development . Statisticians transform the pace, scale and success with which our company serves the patients who rely on us. We need exceptionally talented and committed Statisticians like you to apply your statistical skills and innovative methodolog ies to drive key contributions to the discovery and development of new medicines and vaccines . Ahead together with tailored training and career development
If you're a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we'll help you develop the skills to be one of our Future Leaders.
Over two years, our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. The FLP program will follow one of three schemes, each scheme comprised of three fascinating rotations that will give you a thorough grounding in key areas of statistics in drug discovery and /or development :
- E arly drug discovery, translation and biomarkers, early clinical development and Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC).
- L ate phase clinical development for drugs and vaccines .
- M ethodological research and consulting support from within our Statistics and Data Science Innovation Hub . (This scheme will include at least one rotation similar to those of the first two schemes to aid in developing critical practical knowledge of drug discovery and/or development . )
You will have hands-on experiences and mentoring to allow you to explore these areas of applied statistics, biostatistics & machine learning and inform future career decisions. Throughout the program, you'll work closely with multidisciplinary colleagues and stakeholders to progress the portfolio to get ahead of disease together . What will you do?
Example s will vary by scheme, but i nclude :
What are we looking for?
- Collaborate closely with GSK scientists to identify and address important research , Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) , translational and biomarker questions with traditional and cutting-edge statistical approaches
- Participate in the d esig n of preclinical, translation al and CMC experiments and ensur e experiments are designed to address scientific questions clearly and accurately
- P erform calculations or comprehensive simulation studies to understand the properties of c omplex, adaptive clinical trial designs (Bayesian and non-Bayesian)
- Analyze preclinical, translational, CMC, and early/late phase clinical trial data using appropriate methods , including but not limited to linear / non-linear (mixed) models, machine learning models , joint models and other multivariate methods , and Bayesian model ling
- Communicat e statistical concepts, design recommendations, and the results of statistical analyses clearly and accurately to GSK scientists and research managers at all levels
- Evaluate & develop new methods & tools to support analys e s
- Assist with the coaching, mentoring, and training of non-statisticians as required on the appropriate use of statistical methodologies for their business processes
- Work in multidisciplinary scientific and clinical development teams
- Interact with Health Authorities in the context of pre - IND, IND, BLA, Scientific Advice Meetings and many other circumstances
- Learn statistical methodologies used in drug discovery, drug development & clinical trials
What do we offer you?
- Strong quantitative skills/aptitude with experience /expertise in some of the above-mentioned statistical methodologies.
- Learning agility and open mindset
- Ability for effective teamwork
- Passion for improving health
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently with guida nce
- Strong problem-solving skills driven by curiosity and innovation
- Basic understanding/interest in biology and the mindset to delve deeper to optimize your statistical input
Let's do this!
- A competitive salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
You'll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website
Learn more about the application process | GSK
You can learn more about GSK and our careers here . Apply now!
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK. We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, color , race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients . And also because it's the right thing to do.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here . Need help with your application?
Please email us at AM.EarlyTalentRecruitment@gsk.com a nd let us know how we can help you. #FLP #ResearchDevelopmentFLP
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.