Novartis Institutes for BioMedical (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis. With approximately 6,000 scientists and physicians around the world, our research is focused on discovering innovative new drugs that will change the practice of medicine. We have an open and entrepreneurial culture, encouraging collaboration to make effective therapies.
At NIBR, our mission is to discover innovative medicines that treat disease and human health. To do that, our scientists need ground breaking, pioneering computing systems. The Associate Director, Portfolio Operations and Planning Analyst will help our NIBR Informatics (NX) team to deliver the highest value to our scientists within a reasonable cost. The team defines its single strategy and realize it through fully integrated portfolio and supports product and service delivery through solid planning, delivery, monitoring and measurement of results.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creating and operating an Adaptive Portfolio Management process for NX Products, Services and strategic Programs
• Collaborating across NX to develop a Road-Mapping process as the main tool for long term planning of our Portfolio
• Supporting NX leaders in strategic level portfolio planning for non-scientific business developments
• Works side-by-side with SPM/ Portfolio operations to deploy, operate and continuously evolve processes, forums, documentation, tools used in the process
• Collaborating to translate desired strategic outcomes to strategic change Programs in the Portfolio. Facilitating resource prioritization and organisational change processes related to Strategic programs and material changes in Portfolio in general (beyond scope of a Product line)
• Working with our Business Planning & Resource Fulfilment teams to support Business Planning and to integrate NX budget and related aspects into Portfolio selection and commitments
• Working with NX Delivery Excellence to assess feasibility of delivery of planned Portfolio outcomes and to assess complexity of planned activities
• Striving for lean processes that enable independent decisions of empowered teams, that facilitate planning of teams downstream from these decisions and that brings holistic/ up-to-date view of NX Portfolio to NX and our business leaders
• Working in close collaboration with Business Performance and with IT Product teams to develop/ acquire and deploy tools that enable fast decisions based on high quality of data owned by NX teams
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What You'll Need:
- Degree in Life Science or Technology or equivalent relevant experience in related fields
- Strong experience working in a technology Life science organisation or Product organisation targeting technology Life science market
- Solid experience managing teams accountable for business outcomes in a direct management or Project/ Program management role and
- Formal training in Project/ Program and Portfolio management
- Good understanding of IT, Informatics organisations and the scientific research process
- Proven ability to think conceptually and communicate effectively with senior business leaders to deliver in uncertain, ambiguous, complex environments with high level of change
- Proficiency in English (Oral and written)
- Ability to travel 25%
Nice To Have:
- Proven success with implementation and operation of Product/ Program Planning processes in a Product organization strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Germany (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2022. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network ( https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network )
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
OVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]