Do you have knowledge in the areas of genetics/genomics and DNA sequencing?
Do you have laboratory experience using molecular biology techniques?
We apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago.
Element Biosciences currently has an opportunity for a Research Associate position to join a high-throughput service laboratory that will prepare and sequence long-read libraries for metageomic, amplicon, clonal and targeted assays.
This position is primarily a lab-based role which will involve processing samples from our external collaborators and performing NGS analysis on them.Job duties include but are not limited to
Preferred Educational Background:
- Preparation of sequencing libraries from case and control samples
- Assessment of sequencing results to determine outcomes, identify challenges and propose improvements
- Preparation of reports and communication to colleagues, seeking feedback for refinement of approaches
- Presentation of results and conclusions to colleagues
- Maintenance of strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry or Genetics
- Proven laboratory experience in the area of life sciences (can be academic or industrial)
- Strong background in applying techniques of molecular biology
- Background in NGS library preparation and basic analysis skills would be advantageous
- ISO and GMP knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in standard computer skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement complex protocols
- Excellent lab notebook notation skills - must be precise and accurate