PATHOLOGY AND LABORATORY MED (IN-PATH-IUINA)Job Summary
- Supports the Immunohistochemistry Laboratory with the Department of Pathology at Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Partners with Indiana Pathology Institute and IU Health hospitals to offer resources and support for biomedical researchers through the Immunohistochemistry Core.
- Supports projects to include histologic and immunohistochemical labeling of cells or tissue sections.
- Conduct tests across a diverse array of assays using laboratory machinery and computer programs.
- Tests and sets up lab equipment.
- Collects data and prepares reports based upon established protocols.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings.
- Orders, receives, and inventories laboratory supplies.
- Cleans glassware and maintains laboratory work areas.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, performs preventive maintenance, and calls for repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs and equipment record books.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCERequired
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting OR
- Associate degree and 4 years of experience in a laboratory setting
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
The role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. The role frequently requires the ability to move about the work environment and to position oneself to operate laboratory equipment effectively. The role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds and will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Additional Information
This position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Research
Job Family: Laboratory Research
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us