Job DescriptionGeorge Fox
University announces a tenure-track faculty position in business analytics and/or finance, to begin in Fall 2023. We seek applicants with the ability to teach in a broad range of quantitative undergraduate, MBA and DBA business courses. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to engage in appropriate professional and scholarly activities, participate in doctoral dissertation work, supervise internships, advise students, and carry out other faculty responsibilities.George Fox University
, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applicants should have expertise in and be academically qualified to teach courses on the quantitative side of business including: Accounting and financial reporting (MBA), Economics (MBA), Managerial Finance (MBA), technology management, and business analytics (all programs). Preference will be given to those who can teach business analytics. Other non-finance quantitative business courses are also available to teach.
- Engagement with professional communities.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
Salary and Rank
- An earned doctorate in a related field, PhD prefered. ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)