Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
The candidate will be an experienced lab-based research scientist with thorough knowledge of molecular biology and mammalian cell culture. The incumbent will conduct various antiviral assays and data analyses. In addition to high technical competence, the incumbent understands and will articulate program objectives, experimental results to address a problem or evaluate a process/procedure. An ability to collaborate within department and across multidisciplinary teams is essential. The incumbent will be expected to share and present research results in program meetings and contribute to the appropriate documentations (reports, standard operation procedures, and publications).How You Will Achieve It
- Work independently in a team to plan, execute, analyze results, trouble-shoot, document, summarize experiments, and ensure high data quality.
- Work as a team member in developing working hypothesis, develop and validate assays, and be actively involved in data interpretation.
- Work in BSL2 and BSL3 labs on antiviral assays required.
- Design and carry out assays to test antiviral activity using qPCR based assays, cytotoxicity, mechanism of action, and resistance studies.
- Conduct virus infection, mammalian cell culture, qPCR and data analysis and summary.
- The candidate will be expected to generate and deliver robust data packages under tight timelines.
- Present results in internal meetings, author study reports and contribute to drafting publications.
- BS/MS degree in Molecular Biology, Virology or a related discipline.
- MS with 5+ years or BS with 8+ years in pharmaceutical R&D, or relevant academic experiences in Molecular Biology or Virology.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team.
- Hands on experiences in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology technology and qPCR.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and statistical software including GraphPad Prism is essential.
- Ability to deliver high quality data under tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write protocols and reports are required.
- Prior experience in Virology preferred but not required.
- Willingness to work in BSL3 environment, with prior BSL3 experience preferred but not required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform large number of assays in 96- and 384-well plates and compile the data appropriately
- Ability to search and interpret the scientific literature and translate it to the own required experiments
- Ability to sit for a longer time at a Biosafety cabinet.
Other Job Details:
- The current location for the candidate will be in Pearl River NY.
- Dependent on milestones, experiments, availability of equipment, work on bank holidays and weekends might be necessary on occasion.
- Relocation support available
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development