Senior Associate Scientist, Bioinformatics -Viral Vaccines R&D Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer is seeking a talented, self-motivated Senior Associate Scientist (Bioinformatics) with background in developing analytical algorithm, data processing pipeline to support mRNA vaccine data analytics and next generation sequencing efforts in viral vaccines R&D team at Pearl River. Responsibilities will be driving therapeutic innovation through contributing to the viral vaccine development. The scientist in this role will apply analytical skills and develop bioinformatics tools used for whole genome sequencing, targeted sequencing, RNA sequencing and single cell sequencing. The successful candidate will analyze sequence data and provide bioinformatics and data science support to various mRNA viral vaccines program. Work and documentation are to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP guidelines where appropriate. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic team and should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit.How You Will Achieve It
- Develop and manage automated secondary analysis NGS pipelines.
- Implement custom analytical pipelines to support SARS-CoV-2 whole genome sequencing
- Targeted sequencing data processing, analysis to support Influenza and various mRNA Viral Vaccines programs
- Develop novel algorithms and workflow for the analysis of vast amount data spanning different data types and platforms for viral vaccines programs.
- Conduct data collection, data management, bioinformatics application development and other duties as assigned.
- Present analytical results and review of literature at group meetings as needed. Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Master's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, data science, computational biology or related field is required. Additional 1-3 years of related experience is preferred
- Hand-on experience with processing of high-throughput next generation sequencing data is highly desirable.
- Proficient coding/scripting in Python, Perl, R
- Experience working in Linux environments and broad experience with open-source bioinformatics tools
- Experience working in a high-performance computing and/or cloud computing environment
- Must be comfortable with fast-paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously with different priorities and timelines.
- Strong motivation, passion and commitment to interdisciplinary science and techniques.
- Software engineering and web app development experience
- Machine learning experience
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development