Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The incumbent will be a senior associate scientist with expertise in analysis and design of in vitro experiments to complement ongoing studies in laboratory animals. Specific focus is the study of human pathogen infection and disease, bacterial experience required. This individual will support and assist colleagues through completion of animal studies for evaluation of preclinical efficacy of key vaccine candidates. In addition to high technical competence, the individual in this position understands and can articulate the principles that underlie technology and can provide technical guidance for future assignments. This individual can independently design and carry out a series of studies to solve a problem or evaluate a process/procedure. The incumbent will be required to work in close proximity with project teams, supporting lines and team members to drive the design and logistics for in vivo and in vitro studies, as well as take a hands-on role to support laboratory activities. How You Will Achieve It
- Design, execute, interpret, and report in vitro experiments as requested.
- Schedule, organize, coordinate with comparative medicine staff, and conduct in vivo studies to support various vaccine projects.
- Handle microorganisms and clinical samples in Biosafety Level (BSL) 2 environment.
- Support colleagues in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies, processing samples.
- Work efficiently as part of a team in a matrixed environment.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements. •
- Analyze data and present experimental results at various meetings.
- Write progress reports as well as documentation of all work in electronic notebook as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and an additional 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience required, MS and 0+ years of relevant experience.
- Technical experience in executing in vitro assays and willingness to learn to work with animals.
- Familiarity with standard laboratory methods.
- Ability to work semi-independently.
- Proficiency in using personal computers - including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- Motivated, flexible, and willing to learn new skill sets.
- Previous experience with PRISM and other relevant scientific software.
Sitting, standing, walking, and repetitive procedures, light lifting; ability to analyze data and design experiments and present scientific concepts to colleagues. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development