766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Lead development and management of US Publication plans for US Innovative Medicines by ensuring that clinical data is published according to company SOPs and policies. Ensure information gaps are addressed with strategic publication plans and drive the development of publications to communicate scientific and clinical information for both internal and external stakeholders and customers.
• Lead and execute strategic US Medical Affairs Publication Plans for assigned prod-ucts/therapeutic areas, ensuring robust strategic planning, tactical planning and implementation of congress presentations and manuscript execution in alignment with Good Publication Practice Guidelines and company SOPs
• Maintain and strategically manage US Medical Affairs Publication Plans for assigned prod-ucts/therapeutic areas, by incorporating robust strategic initiatives in collaboration with the Pub-lications Working group (PWG) and to ensure high quality and timely achievement of milestones and deliverables
• Ensure fair balance and integrity of available scientific data of all abstracts, posters, manuscripts and oral presentations
• Build effective partnerships with all stakeholders, including supported products’ Medical Direc-tors, Statistical Support staff, HEOR colleagues, Medical Tactical Team members, and Global Publications team members
• Act as liaison with global SEC partners and communicate global publications initiatives to the US product teams
• Be proficient and manage Datavision for assigned projects and run reports as needed
• Manage medical writing vendors, including timelines and budget
• Lead the US Publication Working Group (PWG) meetings for assigned products and ensure the timely, accurate execution of all PWG deliverables and action items
• Critically review publications for quality, compliance and scientific integrity
• Manage monthly budget management and forecasting of publications spend within IM US Med-ical Product Plans
• Collaborate with Associate Directors and Director, Publication Excellence to deliver innovative publication solutions and publication extenders, as appropriate
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as industry guidelines and Novartis pol-icies
Key Performance Indicators
• Ensure quality of publications for assigned brand within the Medical Units against agreed timelines
• Ensure compliant publication practices following Good Publication Practice and company SOPs
• Capture and share publication KPIs and impact by collating and reporting metrics that re-flect quality, utility and feedback
• Forecast accuracy against agreed targets
• Quality Contributions to cross functional teams
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $130,400.00 and $195,600.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• PharmD, healthcare-related PhD, or MS is required with significant industry or related medical information experience preferred. Post-graduate specialty training is desirable
• Oncology, Nephrology and / or Rare Disease Therapeutic Area experience strongly preferred but not required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in medical writing, medical publications and communications, and/or Pharmaceutical Industry Experience
• Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) is highly desirable
• Fluent English, spoken and written
• Familiarity with publication management tools and systems (Datavision)
• Strategic thinking with an innovative mindset required
• Strong collaboration and stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills
• Proven project management, vendor management, and budget management skills are required
• Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and the desire to work on a cross functional team
• Expert working knowledge of publication appropriate guidelines/regulations; ICMJE, GPP 2022; Sunshine TOV, Pharma Code of Conduct, CONSORT etc.
• Experience in development of abstracts, posters, manuscripts and ability to perform a literature evaluation is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and technologically savvy
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work collaboratively, resolve conflicts, prioritize, and organize in a matrix environment
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .