ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Delivers high quality standards and strives for excellence; acts in a proactive, flexible and responsive manner to customer needs which may necessitate overtime and weekend work at times.
• Travel (approximately 0%) domestic and/or international.
• Responsible to complete the day-to-day activities required to maintain the bioanalytical laboratory including responsibility for independently conducting validated assays on biological samples from pre-clinical and clinical trials for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects under general supervision.*
• Supports data input into laboratory information management systems including documenting receipt, entering and maintaining inventory of assay reagents, supplies and controls required for use in bioanalytical methods.*
• Prepares reagents, buffers, solutions and solvents in accordance with SOPs, methods and/or Sponsor instructions.*
• Trains on, employs and maintains routine operation, maintenance and theory of instrumentation and software systems.
• Manages and keeps current all training requirements.
• Follows SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility.*
• Responsible for review and transformation/regression of results and data comparison against method acceptance criteria, methodology and other relevant direction documents.*
• Analyzes data and interprets results with input from senior staff but with expectation to develop increasing competency for independent delivery.*
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment.
• Makes detailed observations of experiments; record experimental data and maintains accurate and highly organized laboratory documentation including summaries; as well as performs peer review of peer records to create timely, accurate, legible, error-free lab records.*
• Must make and document scientific observations and identify and solve problems in experimental designs with decreasing input from senior staff.
• Keeps managers and Project Leaders informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which impact the laboratory.
• Responsible for initiation and timely completion of work assigned and assists in meeting project and study goals.
• Advises the laboratory managers and Project Leaders of any deviations or factors that may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of the data.
• To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Effectively interfaces with other Scientists, Managers, Project Leaders, other members of the bioanalytical team, Sponsors and at scientific meetings.
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, and/or biochemistry. Post degree experience a plus.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know
- IDLocation : Location: 2022-97355US-NY-Whitesboro