Job SummaryClinical Research Manager 1 manages operations, including administrative and budget operations, for a clinical research initiative or clinical research program. Receives research objectives and defines subordinate goals in order to achieve those objectives.
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean of UCSF Fresno and the Assistant Dean for Research for UCSF Fresno, this position is responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative and organizational leadership, management, staffing and services to the Clinical Research Center (CRC) at UCSF Fresno. The CRC encompasses most clinical trials within all UCSF Fresno clinical departments. As the manager for the CRC, this position is responsible for operation, administration and inter-departmental collaboration As the manager for the CRC, this position is responsible for operation, administration and inter-departmental collaboration.To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):
TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit:
Department DescriptionUCSF Fresno is a major educational, research and clinical training site recognized as a UCSF School of Medicine regional campus, that is located in the Central San Joaquin Valley and is administered by the Office of the Dean in Fresno. Programs and affiliations of the School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry are administered by UCSF Fresno.Required Qualifications
- Advanced Degree in Health Science, Natural Science, Health Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- 6+ years directly Related Experience (including 3 years financial management)
- 5+ years Lead/Supervisor or Manager experience, including experience with employee conflict resolution
- Broad knowledge of clinical research concepts, federal, state and local laws and regulations, and industry requirements regarding the proper conduct of clinical trials. Broad theoretical and operational knowledge of clinical and patient safety standards and regulations relating to clinical research
- Applies knowledge of theoretical concepts and business best practices in a trial setting
- Proven ability to translate clinical research philosophy into direct and indirect clinical input to design, planning, initiation, execution and reporting of clinical trials
- Broad knowledge of clinical research concepts, federal, state and local laws and regulations, and industry requirements regarding the proper conduct of clinical trials
- Broad theoretical and operational knowledge of clinical and patient safety standards and regulations relating to clinical research
- Broad knowledge of all phases of clinical research, from study startup through closeout and primary publication and presentation. Knowledgeable about clinical studies involving complex trial design issues
- Demonstrated management skills supervising, maintaining and developing clinical staff within the study team, and acting as a mentor for professional staff and conducting reviews and performance evaluations. Effectively managers multiple important priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other cross-functional teams and people with a wide range of educational backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to interface with commericial, regulatory, federal and other members of an extended study team
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Creatively addresses complex or new problems. Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
- Strong communicator; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Skill in analyzing and presenting data and strategy to relevant team, governance, external consultant, and regulatory / oversight meetings
- Demonstrated ability to organize research work functions in an efficient and effective manner. Great organizational skills applied to personal work and improving organization of assigned staff and trail.
- Technical proficiency in project management software
- Certification by the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) and the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRA)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research and/or equivalent training
About UCSFThe University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride ValuesUCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Equal Employment OpportunityThe University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.OrganizationCampusJob Code and Payroll Title006571 CLIN RSCH MGR 1 Job CategoryResearch and ScientificBargaining Unit99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit) Employee ClassCareerPercentage100%LocationFlexible (combination of onsite and remote work), Fresno, CAShiftDaysShift Length8 Hours Additional Shift DetailsMonday through Friday; 8am to 5 pm (Hybrid Work minimum 3 days in office)
- Department Name: DO-Fres-AssDn-Admin-Control
- Position Type: Full Time
- Req Number: 70691BR