Principal Scientist - Mucosal Delivery Location
: Boston, MA
Scientific Search has partnered with an mRNA focused biopharmaceutical company founded in 2021 who has tasked us with finding them a Principal Scientist - Mucosal Delivery. Your focus will be to advance the cutting edge of RNA medicines by providing delivery and formulation strategies that broaden the impact of mRNA vaccines and therapeutics by allowing these medicines to be dosed by the optimal route for protective and therapeutic effect. By successfully advancing your initiates, you will broaden the impact of mRNA vaccines and therapies in global healthcare.About the Company:
Leveraging its mRNA technology platform and strategic partnerships, the company is building a pipeline of innovative mRNA vaccine and therapeutic candidates to treat various diseases of unmet medical needs for the emerging markets and globally. The company is led by an experienced management team that is supported by a world-renowned scientific advisory board.Responsibilities:
- Design, optimize, and screen delivery and formulation solutions that enable intranasal, pulmonary, and other mucosal routes of administration to effectively dose mRNA vaccines and therapeutics for enhanced impact.
- Devise in vitro/vivo models to offer proof of concept and gauge performance of mRNA delivery to target tissues and cell-types in vaccine and therapeutic products.
- Generate product understanding data to enables delivery and formulation innovations to be used in pipeline programs and activities.
- Work closely with CRO partners to effectively evaluate in vivo studies, process related activities, and analytical assessment of materials
- Drive scientific advancements by promoting innovation through the integration and generation of state-of-the-art technologies and presenting these advancements to internal and external forums
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Three to 5-years of relevant experience in nucleic acid or vaccine delivery technologies. Working understanding and guidelines for pharmaceutical devices and excipients. Other strong backgrounds will also be considered.
- Successful molecular design and formulation optimization in Discovery environments that enable preclinical and clinical development. Direct experience with in vitro and in vivo models for intranasal and pulmonary tissue models. Experience managing CROs supporting biological evaluation of product performance.
- Fluency in analytical techniques like HPLC/UPLC, DLS, CD, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry etc. and execution in high-throughput sequences
For immediate consideration please email Kevin Wasser, at Kevin@Scientificsearch.com #LI-KW1
Be sure to check out all of our other current openings at
- Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Biopharmaceutical Company