What You Will Achieve
Pfizer Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) is within the Oncology division of Pfizer Worldwide Research & Development in La Jolla, CA. CID is dedicated to developing new protein therapeutics to improve human life by redirecting the immune system against cancer. CID researchers apply the latest scientific knowledge and novel approaches to discover truly innovative Immuno-Oncology therapeutics. We are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist for the Tumor Immunogenicity CID group.How You Will Achieve It
- Design and execute of mechanism of action (MOA) studies that involve cytokine signaling and T/NK cell biology.
- Previous experience in characterizing and evaluating large molecule biologics and strong track record for successfully managing/mentoring a junior scientist to execute experiments is strongly preferred.
- Experience in tumor immunogenicity/immune evasionbiology, neoantigen generation, disruption of tumor defense mechanisms, immunogenic cell death, "don't eat me signals", senescence, and/or role of innate immune cells in tumor recognition will also be preferred. These preferred experiences will help the candidate to discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy focusing on tumor intrinsic targets.
- Candidate will collaborate with tumor cell biology, medicinal chemistry, computational biology group and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials. Collaboration on novel oncology targets and therapeutics with internal/external collaborators, and communication of research results to team and company will also be required.
- B.S. degree with 12+ years or M.S. degree with 9+ years of relevant scientific experience in the fields of cancer cell biology, molecular oncology, and/or immunology.
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments.Critical assay experience includes FACS and ELISA/MSD or related technologies.
- Ability to manage an independent research program with minimal supervision and experience with managing/mentoring junior scientists.
- Experience with various syngeneic murine tumor and/or xenograft human tumor models.
- Expertise in standard cancer cell biology, immunologic techniques, primary tissue harvest/cell purification from both mouse and human tissue
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Strong track record in target identification/validation and screening approaches using small-molecule inhibitors and/or genetic manipulation (shRNA, CRISPR)
- Perform cell-based assays across various technology platforms to assess target modulation and measure downstream signaling pathways- qRT-PCR, ChIP-seq, FACS, immunofluorescence, western blotting, ELISA, high content screening, etc.
- Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using, T-cells, monocyte/ macrophages, or dendritic cells)
Other Job Details
- Standing, sitting, bending, lifting, walking in a laboratory or vivarium setting.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory; additional PPE requirements when working in vivarium barrier suites.
- Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $85,700.00 to $137,300.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development