Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist, the incumbent is responsible for supporting VRD vaccine programs, has primary scientific responsibility in the evaluation of vaccine candidates. The incumbent is expected to develop, qualify, and transfer diagnostic and serologic immunoassays in support of Vaccine Programs. He\she is expected to propose, plan, and implement experimentations in a cohesive manner that addresses assigned research objectives in an independent fashion and contribute to the setting of objectives in a team setting. The incumbent is expected to fully design, conduct, interpret and communicate complex experiments utilizing previously encountered procedures as well as procedures based on new principles and technologies. The incumbent is responsible for writing/reviewing technical reports and protocols that describe the test methods, experimental results, or the operation of laboratory instruments. As an integral member of dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GCLP guidelines, when required. How You Will Achieve It
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative in performing experiments, analyzing data and drawing conclusions regarding progress and results of work. Routinely designs experimental procedures with minimal supervision. Summarizes data and communicates results to supervisor and in team meetings.
- The incumbent develops and qualifies assays in support of Vaccine Programs. Assay qualification and validation is consistent with ICH guidelines.
- Tests samples to support assay development, pre-clinical and clinical. Characterizes or qualifies critical assay reagents.
- Writes and reviews technical documents including, but not limited to, test protocols, development reports, Test methods, SOPs, qualification reports, and experimental summaries.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly laboratory activities, such as daily and weekly monitoring of equipment, periodic laboratory cleaning and managing the laboratory waste, checking PMO status of laboratory equipment and reporting discrepancies to management. Maintains all experimental data in laboratory notebooks and reviews data and laboratory notebooks of other analysts.
- Direct and manage research activities of one or more junior staff members. Assist in the design and implementation of experimental protocols performed by laboratory associates. Provide technical trouble shooting support and interpretation of generated data.
- Read scientific and technical literature to bring new and improved procedures to the laboratory. Participate in scientific discussion with colleagues through internal journal clubs, as well as informal and formal scientific seminars and meetings.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment
- PhD in biological sciences, biochemistry or molecular biology. Minimum of 2 years of experience in the relevant field. Or Master's degree and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with shared resources and effectively communicate across teams
- Excellent record keeping abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in vaccine research, immunology, infectious diseases, or related fields, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable
- Specific expertise in ligand-binding immunoassay development.
The position has physical requirements of basic office and laboratory work (sitting, standing, and walking).
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development