Over 900+ clinical trials validate that gene therapies are transforming the practice of medicine. You will have an opportunity to join the NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) and be at the cutting edge, leading the development of innovative medicines that can improve lives of patients.
NBC builds the biologics pipeline in collaboration with NIBR Disease Areas and Platforms via a breadth of technologies for discovery of antibody, protein and gene therapy-based therapeutics.
The Biotherapeutic Engineering and Gene Therapy (BEGT) group within NBC drives a diverse portfolio of modalities including therapeutic proteins, multi-specific antibodies, CAR-T, RNA therapeutics and rAAV. Through cell and viral engineering as well as innovative and rational protein design, the BEGT group is a global team that works collaboratively with disease area groups to broaden the use of biologics into therapeutic applications where conventional antibodies have limitations.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Lead in vivo biodistribution analysis projects as a team representative to internal gene therapy programs
• Execute assays to analyze in vitro and in vivo samples for AAV characterization and stability with techniques such as PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, IHC/IF, and/or ELISA/MSD.
• Develop molecular biology assays for the specific needs of gene therapy programs.
• Research, develop and onboard new and emerging techniques and technologies for in vivo gene therapy analysis. Use current and new technologies to contribute to AAV platform development.
• Prepare quality data sets and reports adhering to the good research practices and quality culture across NIBR. Present results at appropriate internal and external meetings and conferences.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring To The Role:
• BS Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, molecular or cell biology with 3 years of relevant experience. A combination of education and specialized experience may be considered to meet the required number of years of experience for the level of this role.
• Experience with molecular and cellular biology techniques (i.e. ddPCR, ELISA, IHC, NGS, nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, transcriptomics)
• Experience in AAV biology, animal models, gene therapy, molecular virology or AAV engineering are highly desired.
• Willingness to independently pursue assay and technological development of molecular and cellular biology techniques to advance gene therapy
• The position requires the ability to work collaboratively across a dynamic and collaborative scientific and development environment. Therefore, adaptability to emerging project/group needs, excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to meet timelines and deliverables in a team-centric environment
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $76,300 and $114,500/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.