Appointed by the president and reporting to the executive vice president and provost, the dean of the Terry B. Rogers College of Education and Social Sciences will be an experienced and collaborative leader. The position calls for a person with proven leadership and imagination who can help build the college's research enterprise and strengthen collaborative partnerships with the West Texas educational, policy, and other community entities aligned and engaged with college programs. The dean will also enhance relationships with existing philanthropic donors and engage new funding opportunities for additional resources for the college. The dean will supervise the college's budget; lead the recruitment and retention of faculty and professional staff; advance institutional diversity initiatives; serve as the chief advocate for the college; and provide effective leadership and management in the development, delivery, assessment, and promotion of programs in the Terry B. Rogers College of Education and Social Sciences.
West Texas A&M University is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the institution has been part of the Texas A&M University System since 1990. A Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, the West Texas A&M University boasts an enrollment of approximately 10,000 and offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. In 2022, West Texas A&M University was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the "Best Colleges" in the West and multiple online progams were recognized amongst the "Best Online Program" in the nation.
Essential Duties :
- Provide effective leadership that results in positive college change and growth.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, supervision, retention, and promotion of faculty and staff in the Terry B. Rogers College of Education & Social Sciences.
- Promote, facilitate, and model improvement of faculty teaching, scholarship/creative activity, and service roles to better serve constituencies within the university, the profession, and the community.
- Develop and maintains partnerships with community, industry, and non-profit groups for research, employee professional development, civic engagement, and applied initiatives.
- Provide leadership and active participation in pursuing diverse funding sources for innovative programs, curriculum, and research, including fundraising initiatives and partnerships.
- Aggressively seek external funding (e.g., grants, private donations, partnerships) to advance value-added opportunities for students and faculty.
- Provide leadership for the acquisition and maintenance of program and university accreditation initiatives.
- Facilitate the development, monitoring, and evaluation of emergent, annual, and long-range college plans consistent with the university's academic vision, mission, strategic plan, and goals.
- Manage and facilitate the accomplishment of programmatic, college, and university goals in the areas of student recruitment, persistence, and success.
- Develop and manage the college's annual budget, focusing on the efficient use of financial resources to achieve the mission and goals of the college and university.
- Express ideas clearly, accurately, and convincingly in an atmosphere of respect and professionalism.
- Know and comply with all system and university policies, regulations, rules, procedures, guidelines, and directives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- An earned Doctorate in a discipline within the Terry B. Rogers College of Education and Social Sciences from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Academic rank of Associate Professor or higher
- Minimum of five (5) years of documented administrative experience at the department chair level or equivalent with broad collegiate or university responsibilities
- Minimum of six (6) years of teaching experience as a full-time faculty member
- A record of university teaching, scholarly and creative activity that satisfies appointment eligibility to the rank of tenured full professor in an academic program in the college.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Leadership experience at a mid-size college or regional university
- Demonstrated success in administrative leadership and rising levels of responsibility at the level of a chair or higher, including management of fiscal and personnel resources; recruitment, evaluation, and retention of a well-qualified faculty and staff; and academic programs evaluation and review.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to manage complexity and balance competing priorities, multiple constituencies, and numerous responsibilities simultaneously, with a commitment to data-informed decision-making and accountability.
- Record of effectiveness in supporting innovative programs and initiatives, including digital learning and the use of technology across the curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic, political and social trends and issues in the broader education and social sciences fields.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with diverse stakeholders, including local and statewide school districts and communities supported by the social sciences.
- Demonstrated fundraising capability with enthusiasm for soliciting financial support from alumni, foundations, and the broader community.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate the college's needs, plans, and programs effectively with various constituencies, including university administration, state and federal agencies, and community leaders.
- Experience managing budgets with transparency, complying with college, university, Texas A&M System, and state fiscal practices.
- Familiarity with professional accreditation expectations and processes.
- Exerience with grants and sponsored research.
- Ability to work with other academic administrators to guide the development of the university.
This position will remain open until filled. However, to ensure full consideration, applications must be submitted by February 28, 2023.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter which addresses the listed qualifications, resume/CV, listing of three (3) professional references with contact information, and copies of transcripts to ( https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WTAMU_External/details/Dean--College-of-Education-and-Social-Sciences_R-056589 ).
Texas law requires all males aged 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Dean, Location: Alexandria, VA - 22312 , PL: 559661430