As part of Comparative Medicine, you will advance the WRDM portfolio by working within the surgical team to support preclinical studies and to develop novel, innovative and refined surgical models for Research Units. It is your hard work along with innovative ideas and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a veterinary surgeon, utilizes clinical and technical skills to support in vivo discovery and/or preclinical safety programs in a variety of species including rodents, dogs, & nonhuman primates
- Leads a global team to provide surgical, anesthesia and analgesia for clinical care, surgical model development and research studies
- Collaborates with Pfizer Research Units and partner lines to define study surgical needs & manage necessary resources
- Reviews or consults on research animal proposals submitted for IACUC review related to surgery, anesthesia, and analgesia
- Trains colleagues in techniques involving surgery, anesthesia and analgesia as well as reported in the literature and communicated at external meetings.
- Actively participates on or lead Comparative Medicine teams.
- DVM required; licensed to practice in the US
- Minimum of 2 years related experience including surgery
• Board certification by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
-Ability to stand for extended duration for dog & nonhuman primate surgery
-Working with nonhuman primates is included in the job responsibilities. A pre-hire requirement is either providing proof of measles immunity or receiving the measles vaccination before hire.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
~ 5% domestic travel anticipated to support other WRDM sites
Essential Personnel are defined as the staff who are required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identified in advance and notified by their supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be on-site during an emergency or suspension of operations.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development