The Vaccines/Antivirals Content and Education Director is responsible for leading medical content strategy and creation, ongoing training, communications, budget management, process documentation and improvement for select Vaccines/Antivirals products in support of Global Medical, U.S. Field Medical, and country medical as applicable, including materials for the Pfizer medical website / ecosystem. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing medical content strategy and creation, medical training material creation and communications for assigned Vaccines/Antivirals products.
- Collaborates with broad range of stakeholders on creation of Content & Education medical materials, including materials for the Pfizer medical website / ecosystem.
- Leads execution of ongoing customer facing medical scientific training for assigned Vaccines/Antivirals assets, as appropriate.
- Lead strategy, creation and execution of congress external medical materials and internal training
- Leads the coordination of external vendors, in alignment with Medical Strategy, in the creation of medical materials for external communications (e.g. Customer Facing Medical HCP interactions)
- Leads and maintains therapeutic area financial projections and budget management for Content & Education deliverables
- Leads process documentation and improvement, as applicable
- Champions internal training materials and external medical communication resources through appropriate medical review processes.
- Demonstrates mastery of all Pfizer and alliance (if applicable) SOPs and work instructions related to medical review
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance and Governance on processes and issues related to Content & Education deliverables
- Stays current on Global and local regulations and guidance that impact interactions with and delivery of medical information to external healthcare professionalsand patients
- Stays current on, anticipates, and adopts new digital technology, on-demand, and other related offerings that improve the efficiency of Vaccines/Antivirals Customer Facing / HQ Medical, medical communications activities and/or enhance the overall medical customer experience
- Stays current on and recommends new and innovative content creation formats and approaches, including digital formats, interactive and dynamic formats, and modular content approach, etc.
- Stays current on all relevant Pfizer SOPs and guidance documents
- Serve on Vaccines/Antivirals Customer Facing /HQ Medical and cross-functional, cross divisional and cross business unit committees
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced degree in a health science required (e.g., RPh, MSN)
- PharmD, PhD, or equivalent terminal doctoral degree (e.g. Doctor of Nursing Practice, Doctor of Physical Therapy) highly preferred
- 6+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Proven experience in developing content strategies and creative ideas
- Multimedia and omnichannel experience preferred
- Ability to create digital content including using an interactive PDF format, A/V (video, podcasts, etc.) and other dynamic content preferred
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources (e.g. iPad, Acronis, WEBEX, on-demand video-conferencing, OneMED)
- Experience working with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Qlik, Tableau, etc. a plus
- Demonstrated ability to train other health-care personnel preferred
- Previous Vaccines/Antivirals / TA experience is preferred - Experience in Medical Affairs would be a plus
- Experience in Public Health, Vaccinology, Immunology or Epidemiology is preferred
- Customer Facing - medical experience preferred. Previous scientific communication experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a matrix environment with shown flexibility and organizational awareness
- Ability to create & manage complex projects, including budget management & fiscal awareness
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple functions including Medical (Customer Facing and HQ), Medical Information, Corporate Communications, Digital, and Commercial
- Must be decisive, exercise good judgment in decisions, organized and with the ability to prioritize a large workload
- Ability to manage resources, programs and multiple projects
- Is a role model of Pfizer's Values of Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy
- Flexibility to travel 20% of the time, including potentially international travel
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
May require some travel (less than 25%)Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: November 12th, 2022
Additional Location Information: United States - Remote
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $156,900.00 to $251,400.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.