Who we Are
At Parse Biosciences we are passionate about our mission of accelerating progress in human health and scientific research. At the core of our company is the Evercode technology - our pioneering approach for single-cell sequencing through split-pool combinatorial barcoding. Single-cell sequencing has already enabled groundbreaking discoveries which have led to new understandings of cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system. At Parse, we are providing researchers with the ability to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease.
The Associate Lab Automation Engineer
will directly contribute to the growth and success of Parse by focusing on designing and implementing creative automated solutions. As part of a growing start up, candidates will aid and contribute to designing and building fully walk-a-way automation solutions that are robust and scalable. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and passionate about the field of laboratory automation.
In this Position, you will
- Learn to design and implement automated single-cell sequencing workflows using automated tools (such as automated liquid handlers, robotic arms, thermal cyclers, centrifuges, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, Quality Control, Software, and Production to automate, streamline, and improve Parse's laboratory processes
- Assist in performing and documenting IQ, OQ, and PQ on automated devices and processes
- Help monitor, identify, propose, and execute corrective and preventative actions
- Explore, adapt, and/or build tools to further improve quality, robustness, and scalability of automated systems
For this Position, We look for
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science; preferably biology, chemistry, or related field
- Basic knowledge of C++, C#, Python, or Perl
- Laboratory experience using GLP techniques
- Direct experience working with, maintaining, or optimizing automated liquid handlers
- Creativity and resourcefulness at finding unique solutions to complex problems
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
To meet the health and wellness needs of our team, Parse offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full time employees, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx (prescription) coverage beginning on the 1st day of the month following your start date. Parse covers 90% of the monthly premiums for employees, and 60% for dependents.
- A 401(k) program with no waiting period to participate
- Basic life insurance and short and long-term disability coverage. Monthly premiums for both are covered at 100% by Parse.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses
- A transportation program (Seattle only)
- New hire equity grants
- 12 paid holidays annually
- A generous time off policy
Market Pay Range - Exact compensation will be dependent on skills, education and experience relevant to the position$70,000-$99,999 USD