The Global Supply Chain's Manufacturing team focuses on building high quality products for our customers in support of testing in clinical diagnostic labs and life sciences research. The Manufacturing teams are located in the Americas, Europe, and Singapore and produce regulated and non-regulated products that range from reagent kits to small and large instruments, plastics, and consumables. They also collaborate and work seamlessly with our supply chain to meet, and exceed, our customers' expectations.
Join Bio-Rad as a Manufacturing Engineer III and support the manufacturing plant that produces process chromatography resins, liquid buffers, monomer solutions, oils, and other specialized life science products at our Richmond, CA chemical plant!
As Manufacturing Engineer III, you will join the Manufacturing Science and Technology group that consists of a multidisciplinary team of Scientists and Engineers working on developing innovative technologies and continuous improvement projects for the chemical manufacturing site. You will be part of the entire product development cycle, from early proofs-of-concept to detailed design and validation. The individual will collaborate with vendors and internal stakeholders to determine Bio-Rad's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Bio-Rad's infrastructure (Process equipment, instrumentation, and automation) fit together perfectly and keep our equipment and manufacturing process moving along smoothly for a seamless user(internal/external) experience.
You will work on equipment that includes glass-lined reactors with heating systems, semi-automated fill lines, air classifiers, wet sizing units, inline mixing systems, and semi-automated dispense systems among various others. Instrumentation includes control valves, temp, pressure, speed transmitters. Automation systems include - Allen Bradley RSLogix, Control/Compactlogix, Automation direct HMI, and PLCs.How You'll Make An Impact:
What You Bring:
- You will lead development of innovative manufacturing processes solutions and capabilities including process definition, startup, and qualification.
- Collaborate with R&D, PMO, and Marketing on NPI roadmaps; develop plans, and design experiments to enable new products via manufacturing technology and process development.
- Lead efforts to align manufacturing partner's process capabilities with Bio-Rad's product roadmap to shorten the development cycle.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, validation techniques, and evaluation criteria. Manage multiple cross-functional projects while adhering to ISO 13485 requirements.
- Participate in the master plan for business continuity and expansion strategy and provide insights for coming up with solutions.
- Author and review URS, IOQ validation documents, work instructions.
- You will be a member of the process safety management team responsible for auditing, maintaining, and improving the process safety and reliability of the site.
This position is eligible for a $8,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with the development of new manufacturing processes including acceptance testing, startup, and qualification and proficient in manufacturing best practices (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Demonstrated record of delivering innovative manufacturing solutions, leading failure analysis investigations and resolutions, and cycle time reductions for high complexity manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the product and process design by proposing improvements and justifying with data.
- Excellent documentation, communication skills, and interpersonal skills including negotiating and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, coupled with well-focused attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams on complex projects spanning multiple technologies.
Offered for a limited time only. Applicable to specific positions as labeled. Recipients must be employed at the time of payout. Payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad. Offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible. 12 months repayment clause.Vaccination Requirement:
Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.Total Rewards Package:
At Bio-Rad, we're empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That's why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee's work and life cycle.Benefits
: We're proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance.Compensation:
The estimated base salary range for this position is $111,900 to $153,900 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.Who We Are:
For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.EEO Statement:
Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.Agency Non-Solicitation:
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.#LI-DD3