The Lab Director will be responsible for the overall operations and administration of several technical departments within the Burlington DNA Laboratory in order to service clients and patients in accordance with contractual obligations, industry standards, scientific integrity and regulatory requirements. This person will represent the facility on all accreditation/client inspections, audits and partner with other EBU Technical/Laboratory Directors as needed.Duties will include the following:
- Directly supervise and lead DNA Identity Technical Director team and other direct reports as applicable.
- Execute on key leadership principals: Inspire, Innovate, Develop & Deliver.
- Management of overall operations and administration of multiple technical department including staff oversight and development according to metrics to ensure uninterrupted operations, scientific integrity of lab activities and validity of test results.
- Oversee regulatory activities in the laboratory including CAP, ASHI, AABB, ISO, New York State, other and private audits.
- Serve on DNA Identity Management Team/meetings.
- Provide guidance to multiple levels of laboratory staff members regarding standardized procedures related to technical lab operations including quality control and validation decisions.
- Collaborate with the laboratory managers on proposed technical changes requiring LD approval including notification of any proposed receipt of clinical trial samples, batches of registry samples or other client testing affecting review and testing of samples.
- Consult and/or advise on all customer reports as needed and complete result review/release of HLA results as part of the HLA technical team/leadership.
- Enforces and assures that prompt corrective action is taken in respect to laboratory audit findings or deficiencies noted with regards to implemented quality programs and operational process improvement initiatives.
- Oversees the monitoring of all laboratory activities including writing, reviewing, editing and signing of SOPs, LabFactor and other documentation(s).
- Serves as SME for customer contract/RFP/ITB reviews including the assistance with law suits, subpoenas, depositions and other legal related activities in partnership with Labcorp legal department
- Participates in external customer negotiations (give presentations, review marketing materials for technical accuracy) with respect to technical, scientific and/or laboratory request as needed, and provide internal customer support regarding lab technical issues.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Requires a Ph.D. or MD with 6 or more years of Clinical Lab experience.
- Must meet all licensing as required by CLIA or Director accreditation from a national certifying agency .
- ASHI/ACHI fully Boarded Fellow.
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.