As a Charge Nurse at CHI Health's CUMC-Bergan Mercy Hospital, you'll oversee a department of frontline nurses caring for patients. Your previous experience in acute care, LTC, or nursing homes adds tremendous value to our nursing team.
Every interaction is an opportunity to improve your understanding of a patient's needs, the needs of your nursing team, or the needs of your unit. You'll advocate for your fellow nurses as you support them in reaching their full potential, which aligns with your department's operational goals and objectives.
To thrive in this role, you need to be accountable and confident. You're an excellent communicator in 1:1 interactions and in front of groups. It's also important for you to be comfortable holding tough conversations, as you are responsible for the performance of your people and your unit.
CUMC-Bergan Mercy Labor and Delivery is a 16 birthing bed, 9 antepartum unit with 3 operating rooms as well as a 7 bed Obstetrical Emergency room. We have a team of nurses, midwives, Family Medicine, OB/GYN physicians and MFM caring for a normal to high risk pregnancy. We care for OB patients that need cardiac monitoring and higher risk evaluation. We deliver approximately 3600 babies a year.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
Our nurses are overflowing with humankindness, and always looking for ways to share their compassion. If you'd like to be part of a team where a smile, a pat on the back, and an encouraging word to our coworkers are part of every day, we'd love to talk to you.
*What You'll Do*
* Serve as leader and teammate
* Ensure your direct reports and department are positioned to deliver the best care possible to our patients
* Maintain a high level of engagement with the floor- visibly connecting with nurses, patients, and families
* Attend meetings with leadership to learn about new initiatives, areas for improvement, etc. and share that information with your team
* Monitor productivity and efficiency of your department
* Mentor people on your team.
* Share your knowledge and confidence with nurse managers and other charge nurses.
*What You'll Need*
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program
* Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association required upon hire
While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more! CHI Health Hospitals' nursing teams cultivate a supportive environment where we operate as a compassionate care-giving team. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities!